Tuesday 25 February 2014

Grimm; one upon a time...


I've been anticipating to showcase this for months now - but due to its release in FREQUE MAGAZINE I had to wait until after the issue was published for me to feature this collection online.

This coffin collection of images is one of the editorials to be featured in my major collection to be showcased in my graduate piece at the end of 2014 - 'Grimm; once upon a time...'

Each image depicts a different Fairytale character inspired by the original writings of The Grimm Brothers, Hans Christian Andersen and Lewis Carroll. I chose to base my characters around the original concepts as opposed to Disney's interpretation due to their realism and darker imagery. As much as I love Disney films, majority have strayed away from the original Fairytale to sugar coat it for its viewers - my intention, was to bring back the original themes, and introduce those who show appreciation in literature to the original collections and their stories.

MODELS AND CHARACTERS LISTED BELOW
Tilly Gray - Cinderella
Ashleigh-Maree Connell - Little Red Riding Hood
Jessie Song @ Chadwicks - Alice in Wonderland
Sarah Kelly - Rapunzel
Ashleigh Hockley - The Little Mermaid
Mona Bagherpour - Snow White
H/MUA: Naomi Sprod
Photography/Lighting/Creative direction: Lauren @ Von Trapp Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment