Tuesday 5 November 2013

Western Sydney Graffiti








Today I started working on my 'Street Photography' assessment for my Documentary Photography elective at college. I chose to photograph graffiti because of its raw and gritty nature. I found out about a driving range that has been shut down for years out in Penrith, the grounds are accessible, windows smashed in and completely abandoned.

The atmosphere was extremely creepy. 100% dead silent, where you could hear every creak and crack perfectly. I was there during the day before lunchtime, and even then I felt extremely uneasy. 

I've decided that this location would be the ideal spot for a 'Grunge' Fashion shoot over the college break. Expect some edgy shots coming in the near future. I'll definitely be back there soon to photograph some models.

Lauren Von Trapp

No comments:

Post a Comment